We may also use information provided by you or transmitted to us through the Properties to send you electronic and other messages about a property in one of our communities or an offering from a Lennar Affiliate. Your use of our Properties constitutes your permission to do so unless you specify otherwise pursuant to applicable law, as discussed below. Of course, you may unsubscribe from any messages we send at any time and you will not receive further electronic messages from us after following the instructions included within the message.
We may provide you with an “opt in” or “opt-out” mechanism depending on where you are located when we collect your personal information. An “opt-in” mechanism will provide you the opportunity to positively indicate that you would like or do not object to our sending you such further communications and we will not send you any unless you have “opted-in”. An “opt-out” mechanism will provide you the opportunity to indicate that you do not want us to send you such further communications, and if you “opt-out” we will not send you any. Either way, opting-in or opting-out will be up to you and, in addition, if you do not want us to use your personal information for a particular purpose or disclose it to a third party, you may “opt out” at any time by contacting us as provided below.
Information transmitted over the Internet may find its way to recipients to whom it is not intended or persons you may not want to have such information. Under certain circumstances, this may be beyond the control of Lennar, and you are advised that such transmission may not be secure. However, LMC complies with applicable federal law regarding the safeguarding of your personal information, and we employ reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality, and integrity of your information, as required by law. Further, we restrict access to personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you.
Categories of Information We Collect
Contact Information: We may request and collect, without limitation, your name, address, email address, home telephone number, work telephone number, fax number and cell phone number.
Additional Information About You: We may request and collect, without limitation, information about the apartment home you are leasing, including the community, mailing address, and anticipated move-in date.
When you make inquiries concerning career opportunities, we will request a copy of your resume, your highest level of education and information about the type of job you are seeking.
Additionally, we may collect personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, and income;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history; and
- Information about your transactions with us, Lennar Affiliates, or others, such as your payment history, and parties to a transaction.
We may collect the following additional information that you provide, confirm, or update while using the Properties:
- The services that you desire to order and your preferences regarding service information (services information).
- Payment information to pay for services that are ordered (including credit card information).
- The email addresses of friends and family to receive a notification regarding your move (friends and family contact information).
- Your preferences regarding the forwarding of USPS mail (preferences information).
Additionally, in connection with the use of the Properties, we collect certain web analytics information, including among other information the number of visitors to the Properties, session time, and browser version (technical information). Technical information is not collected in a manner in which it can be tied to a specific user, and is stored and used only on an aggregate basis.
In some cases, we may combine information we collect through our Properties with information collected from other sources.
When you make inquiries concerning your current LMC apartment home, we will also request the identity of the community where your apartment home is located.
If you are a real estate agent seeking information on our communities, a party interested in conducting business with LMC or if you contact us with land you have for sale, we will request your contact information.
If you wish to contact our webmaster, we will request your contact information.
Categories of Information We Disclose
- In connection with the fulfilment of the services that you request through the Properties.
- To enforce the Terms and Conditions applicable to the use of the Properties (please see the Terms and Conditions below).
- As required by law or valid legal process.
- In response to appropriate governmental requests.
- As we deem reasonably necessary to investigate, prevent or take other appropriate action in connection with potential illegal or fraudulent activities or potential risk to the personal safety of any individual or the security of your information.
- To manage our business.
- To protect our interests.
- To support direct marketing and other opportunities of LMC and third parties as described herein.
- To assist you in finding products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Your payment information in connection with any services that you request.
- Your friends and family contact information, in connection with the fulfilment of the move-in notices that you request.
Parties to Whom We Disclose
We may disclose personal information about you to the following types of select third parties (please see additional information below on your choices for certain sharing with non-affiliated companies):
- Financial service providers, such as insurance agents;
- Non-financial companies, such as retailers and direct marketers;
- Third-party service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as tax services, print services, software programmers, and payment processors;
- We may share your contact information and apartment home information with vendors who assist LMC in offering products or services to you, and whose privacy policies may differ from ours (see below regarding vendor policies);
- We may share your contact information and apartment home information with carefully selected third parties, including financial institutions, that agree with LMC to offer products or services to users of the Properties; and
- In the event that LMC or a portion of its business is acquired by another company, including in bankruptcy, your information may be transferred to the successor company.
Information Sharing with Non-Affiliated Companies
We may disclose personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties as permitted by law, including pursuant to consents that you provide. We may also share your personal information with nonaffiliated companies to market their products and services to you.
If you prefer that we not disclose personal information about you to nonaffiliated third parties to market their products and services to you, you may opt out of those disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures. If you wish to opt out of disclosures to nonaffiliated third parties to market their products and services to you, you may contact us on the web as described below.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
We use third party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Properties. These companies may collect information about your visits to our Properties and other websites and/or apps in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. We may also partner with ad networks and other companies that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated digital properties. Some of those ads may be interest-based, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information these ad networks collect about your visits to our Properties and other non-affiliated websites or apps over time.
- You may visit https://www.aboutads.info/choices to learn more about interest based advertising and how to opt out of this form of advertising on your web browser by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) self-regulatory program.
Please note that electing to opt-out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. Additionally, please note that if you use a different browser or erase cookies from your browser, you will need to renew your opt-out choices.
For European Union Citizens
For the purpose of European Union data protection laws, the data controller is LMC. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under European Union data protection laws you have the rights to;
- withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data (this will not affect our right to process your personal data up until such time as you provide us with notice that you no longer consent);
- access to your personal data and request that we provide you with your personal data in machine readable form;
- request us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes (including profiling to the extent that it is related to our marketing activities). We will provide you with appropriate choices to opt-in or opt-out as set out above. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the e-mail address set out above.
- request us to rectify any inaccurate personal data that we may hold;
- request us to erase personal data where: it is no longer necessary for us to hold such personal data; you no longer consent to the processing of your personal data; your personal data has been unlawfully processed; we are otherwise required by law to erase your personal data
- make a complaint with the national data protection authority in the country where you are based.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Privacy Rights in Other Jurisdictions
You may have rights, under applicable data privacy laws, to request information about or access to the personal information that we hold about you, to require that information to be corrected it is inaccurate or, in some circumstances, to object to our processing of your personal information. If you wish to exercise those rights, please contact .
For California Consumers
Your California Privacy Rights
You may request certain information from Lennar concerning the customer information that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. The information, which we will provide free of charge once per calendar year upon request, includes a list of the types of customer information that we have provided to third parties for their direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we have shared such information during the past calendar year. We will provide the information to you within 30 days of your request.
To request that we provide you with such information, please send a written request to email@example.com. Within 30 days of receiving your request, we will provide you with the information at the address you designate in your request, which may be an email address or physical address.
Thank you for taking the time to read all this important information.